This black bean mango quinoa salad is honestly one of my favorite meals to make because it only takes around 15 minutes to prepare and you eat it cold! I don’t like eating a lot of hot foods in the Summer, especially living in Arizona 110 degree weather YIKES! I usually make a huge amount of this meal to eat the rest of the week for lunches or dinner. I like to make dinner three nights a week and just make twice as much and have that same meal again. Saves me a lot of time in the kitchen.
I love how colorful this meal is! It makes me so happy! Mango, pomegranate seeds, black beans, cilantro, green onion, kale, red bell pepper make the perfect Summer salad.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 medium mango, diced
- 1 14 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. pomegranate juice (2 tbsp lime juice works too)
- Cook the quinoa according to directions and let it cool completely before adding anything to it
- Prepare all of the vegetables, fruit, and black beans and add to a bowl
- Once the quinoa is completely cool add everything together and top with the pomegranate dressing to taste.